2LS Service Desk Engineer
Allvotec stands for ‘all voice and technology’, delivering end-to-end services for partners across unified communications and technology services. We help run IT for customers of major services businesses, and through the hard work of our workforce, we are a capable, proven and agile partner delivering a wide range of IT solutions.
This role is based in the SSA Service Desk supporting clients in the nuclear industry who have outsourced their IT departments to Atos be ran under a framework agreement. The Service Desk team work with Atos teams covering the full scope of this Managed Services contract to deliver services for over 10,000 users across multiple locations. The key priority for all 2LS Service Desk Engineers is to provide a first rate service to all customers who contact the Service Desk and have had their ticket passed on to 2LS for further investigation and remediation. The environment in which this role operates is fast paced and continually challenging as such, in order to meet our customers needs. The role calls for a degree of flexibility and lateral thinking.
- To triage Incidents accurately using the Knowledge Base, and or seeking further guidance from relevant Allvotec/Atos teams.
- To complete Requests accurately, following process and in using the necessary guides including but not limited to; Knowledge Base, Software Application Register, and by seeking guidance from other 2LS colleagues.
- Manage individual/2LS Service desk queues inline with targets: Ticket logs are maintained in a timely and efficient manner (in line with SLA’s)
- Constantly review all tickets in 2LS Service desk queue (supporting set KPI’s)
- Working to aid avoidance of SLA breach on tickets
- Manage aged tickets to closure
- Availability via the 2LS Line; supporting Service desk hot swaps, customer call backs and ‘live’ VC faults reported directly to 2LS.
- Manage customer emails via the 2LS mailbox; responding in line with KPI’s, providing clear and concise information. Taking ownership of the issue, seeing it through to resolve.
- Carry out daily Video Conference Meeting Room checks, each morning and again early afternoon. Ensuring tickets are logged for any issues and IT Service Bar colleagues notified if necessary.
- Team Working: Makes a solid effort to integrate into the team and positively contributes to team objectives and morale. Demonstrates a genuine aptitude to guide and mentor others patiently in best practise behaviours. Constantly demonstrates extremely high levels of willingness to work across teams, and to learn new skills whilst on the job. Providing support cover in other areas, as and when it is required/necessary.
- Communication: Demonstrates a genuine aptitude to guide and mentor others in best practise behaviours. Shows patience and tenacity when faced with difficulties. Exhibits communication skills with Service Management and Clients at a balanced level of understanding.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making: Demonstrates clear technical capability in understanding client environments to diagnose complex problems.
- Flexibility: Shows evidence of being able to adapt to new situations outside of assigned team. Supportive of extending skill and experience into non-traditional 2LS areas to avoid tendency of “not my problem” attitude, resulting in improved teamwork, quicker problem resolution and higher levels of CSAT.
- Attitude: Demonstrates drive and determination in coping with and resolving difficult situations outside of the traditional 2LS scope. Accepting of all constructive criticism; taking on board recommendations of how to make positive improvements.
- Self-Management: Demonstrates evidence of good timekeeping, professional appearance and time management, ability to work under pressure or to tight deadlines. Displays tact and diplomacy.
- Innovation: Sees the “bigger picture” in terms of service delivery and is a role model for others leading to improvements in process, performance and CSAT.
- Maintains contact with Workflow Managers, Team Leader, SDM and Service desk colleagues.
- Carry out any ‘ad hoc’ non ticketed work, ensuring subsequent ticket(s) are then logged.
To carry out all reasonable tasks as requested by Team Leader/Service Delivery Manager.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
Candidates must have proven record working in an IT environment with a minimum of 1 years Service Desk experience.
- Advanced knowledge of PC technologies, desktop/server hardware and software architectures.
- Knowledge of network architectures and how it affects the users and computers ability to connect to and outside their domains.
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft applications used on PCs. These include but not limited to; Office 2003, 2007, 2010. Visio, Project, Powerpoint, Access, SQL tools. Remote desktop.
- In depth understanding of computers and how they are configured in a corporate environment. This includes but not limited to; Installing drivers, installing local and network printers & scanners, Removing and or repairing user profiles, GPO settings and their effect on the user and or computer, using remote access software to logon and diagnose issues on customers computers.
- Proven excellence in Customer Service.
- Proven First Time Fix and triage capabilities
- Ability to identify and distinguish between hardware, software, network and server problems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills: Fluent English Language skills, able to communicate easily with customers both verbally and in writing. Able to describe technical details to non-technical customers in simple plain English.
- Problem solving skills: able to identify the exact details of a problem through a rational process and able to take steps to ensure a successful resolution.
- Attention to detail; able to document the details of issues clearly in a concise understandable manner.
- Microsoft Exchange Console; to resolve incidents and also action request work, such as to administer accounts including creating, deleting, setting mailbox limits and granting permissions to other users.
- Lotus Notes; to resolve incidents and also action request work such as to administer accounts including; creating, deleting, setting mailbox limits and giving rights to other users.
Demonstrable understanding and experience in the following areas:
- Windows Server environments and Terminal Server remote connections
- Active Directory
- Remote Assistance applications
- Sync Center
- Software Application Catalogue
- File Restores/Previous Versions
- Citrix / XenApp
Westlakes Service Desk, Moor Row, Cumbria, CA24 3JZ
Allvotec thrives in rewarding staff for their hard work and good quality and as such there are fantastic opportunities for progression throughout the company.Apply