Apprentice Network Cable Installer
IT Apprentices accompany a Senior Engineer each working day, assisting in the completion of jobs.
Apprentices will gain experience on how to design, install and commission all of the above using specialist tools, power tools along with expensive precision test and commissioning equipment.
- Gain the knowledge and skills to confidently install, test and certify copper and fibre cable installations whilst working to the correct standards and best practices
- Have the desired levels of competency and confidence to install Smart Building technology such as wireless access devices, VoIP telephony, CCTV cameras, door access controls and biometric security systems
- Supply, Installation and Testing of Structured cabling
- Supply, Installation and Testing of Fibre Optic cabling
- Supply, Installation and Testing of Voice/Telephony cabling
- Installation of WIFI networks
- Installation of Network switches/Routers/Firewalls
- Installation of Epos Systems and other active kit
- Be technologically minded
- Be able to communicate – face to face, on telephone and written communication
- Be confident handling power tools
- Hold excellent attention to detail
- Be an excellent time keeper
- Be reliable
- Be enthusiastic
- Be able to use initiative
- Be willing to work at height (this work will range from step ladders, extension ladders and mobile elevated work platforms. Full training and IPAF licences will be supplied)
- Be literate to complete paperwork
- Be prepared to work outside of standard hour and to work away from home occasionally
- Hold GCSEs in English and Maths at grade C (4 – 9) or above, or equivalent
- Likely to be offered a permanent position within the company
- Progression onto a level 4 IT Professional apprenticeship, Network Cable Installer or working as a Field/Service Engineer
Things to consider
High Level view of Terms of Contract:
- Working week – Working hours will vary – 40 hours a week minimum (**).
- Working away (UK) from home and occasional overtime will be required.
- **Please note, due to the nature of the business, this is not an 8.00am to 5.00pm position and is not a position where you will be sat behind a desk. This is an active position.