Business Development Manager
Allvotec stands for ‘all voice and technology’, delivering end-to-end services for partners across unified communications and technology services. We help run IT for customers of major services businesses, and through the hard work of our workforce, we are a capable, proven and agile partner delivering a wide range of IT solutions.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for managing Partner relationships, ensuring that growth and P&L targets are met, contract and commercial change is robustly controlled and very importantly that service excellence & innovation are delivered. Key to the above will be developing, owning and managing strategic account plans for major Allvotec Partners. The account manager will be targeted on in-year growth through the sale of IT services & (where applicable) products, and should be mindful of developing significant long-term relationships.
The ultimate measures of success are the extension of the scope of IT service, increased profit contribution for Allvotec, contract renewal (securing ongoing revenue targets) and reference ready Partners. This is a high level, prestigious position within Allvotec which will operate at a strategic level on behalf of Allvotec with executive level personnel within our Partners’ business.
- Responsible for identifying and maximising opportunities and offering innovative IT services solutions, via technology, process or commercial engineering.
- Ensure close knowledge of the Partners business and Allvotec IT service portfolio to ensure alignment of appropriate up selling of Allvotec solutions.
- Accountable for effective P&L Management (Revenue, profit, cost, aged debt, etc.) evidenced by achievement or exceeding financial plans.
- Map and build Partner relationships with Allvotec management and service lines.
- Develop account plans that via ownership of both Partner and Allvotec account objectives, build on strong productive working relationships with customers and their management teams, through regular meetings with key customer management.
- Manage assigned partners so as to ensure attainment of budgeted revenue and ACV levels.
- Business Development as needed to secure additional Strategic Partners.
- Responsible for management of services billing and contract change – variations to scope, volumes, prices, indexation etc. Ensuring use of appropriate support through Allvotec commercial & legal teams where appropriate.
- Ensure accurate contract variation change control mechanisms are in place to reflect additional service scope, both charged and value add.
- Develop and track revenue expectations with assigned Strategic Partners and manage them on the timeliness, quality, and development of new opportunities in their pipeline for fulfilling their targeted revenue goals.
- Keep accurate and detailed lists of all assigned reseller partners and contacts in CRM.
- Keep accurate and detailed pipeline and forecasting information current on CRM including details of wins and losses.
- Provide assigned Partners with assistance on the Allvotec product portfolio knowledge, quotes, RFP responses, and any other items to assist them in their selling process.
- Work with assigned Partners to identify speaking engagements; marketing activities and regional events that would help promote the Allvotec product brand and portfolio.
- Ensure that assigned Partners are regularly updated on any new products, programs or sales tools that would help them achieve success in selling.
- Conduct weekly sales pipeline calls and submit accurate planning information to Allvotec management.
- Ensure that service obligations are met and act as an escalation point for service and contractual issues.
- Ensure that a program of continual improvement is embedded within service delivery and demonstrable to Allvotec and the Partner.
- Ensure that Service Quality is at an acceptable level and that quality measures are embedded within the service and demonstrable to Allvotec and the Partner.
- Assist Financial Management in debt resolution as requested for assigned Partners.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- A level of presence and authority which is commensurate with Allvotec’s most demanding customers. The Business Development Manager role directly affects Partner perception at senior executive level and our ability to win new business and retain what we have.
- Very strong customer-facing and relationship-building experience at a senior level.
- Understanding of pricing and commercial positioning.
- Understanding of organisational navigation: ability to get things done in a complex environment.
- Strong problem solving and negotiating skills.
- Extensive experience of IT Service Delivery environment.
- Consultancy / Sales experience: identifying customer needs and developing solutions for contractual extensions to service.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Strong planning and organisation skills.
- Evidence of Budget/P&L Management capability.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to build trust and long-term relationships within the Partner organisation.
- Excellent leadership skills, used to working within a defined contractual and reporting framework but at the same time able to propose creative extensions to the contracted service environment.
- Proactive change agent, able to understand both the Partner’s and Allvotec’s business requirements so as to achieve a win-win outcome.
Field based. South and Midlands.
Allvotec thrives in rewarding staff for their hard work and good quality and as such there are fantastic opportunities for progression throughout the company.Apply