Desk side Engineer
Title: Desk side Engineer
Reports to: Team Leader
Hours of work: 37.5 hrs 08:00 – 18:00 Monday to Friday
Provide hardware and software support, both remotely and deskside on IT products within the required Service Level Agreement (SLA). To meet our customer needs and a diverse working environment, the role calls for a degree of flexibility and an expectation that the core working hours are spent on customer sites.
- Provide standard incident break fix support (Laptop \ desktop devices)
- Manage and deliver service requests, deploying desktop and laptop solutions to the client.
- Knowledge on Apple IPhone and IPad products be required to assist with Mobile Smartphones and Tablets advice and support.
- Identify service improvements
- To diagnose problems accurately using all the available resources and technical knowledge
- To provide timely, quality solution keeping the customer updated and escalating if required
- Refer to relevant procedures to perform role
- Ensure administration is satisfactory and up to date
- To carry out other tasks as requested by Team Leader
- Manage tickets and asset recording using agreed client process on the systems provided.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- PC literate
- Customer facing
- Interpretation of data & actions
- Decision making.
- Windows OS literate
- Basic knowledge of Server OS and navigation if needed as eyes and ears for smart hands calls
- Basic hardware knowledge, Laptop Keyboards, Memory, Hard drives
- Experience with Active Directory and SCCM (not essential)
- Experience with network fault troubleshooting
- Experience with Network builds
- Experience with PC/Desktop Support knowledge including Windows XP, Windows 7, 8.1 & 10 & Windows Office Suites and core application suites.
- Experience with VPN and remote work on machines
- Experience with IPad and Windows Tablets
- Good troubleshooting skills
- IT engineering experience – 2 years
- Microsoft Certification (MCSE/MCSA/MCP’s) desirable.
- A good understanding of analytical troubleshooting
- A good understanding of networks and windows Operating systems
- Must be able to diagnose and repair desktops and laptops
- Desktop and laptop accreditation desirable
- Knowledge of specific customer software
- Willing to learn new skills and work through accreditation
- Works with minimum supervision.
- Team player
- Pays Attention to detail
- Can work under pressure
- Tact & diplomacy
- Good time-keeping
- Good Communication skills
- Customer Care Skills
- Adhere to health & safety procedures