Desk side Engineer
Job Title: Desk side Engineer
Reports to: Team Leader / Team Manager
Department: IBM/The Very Group (TVG)
Hours of work: 37.5
Responsible for resolving problem tickets, IMACs and RFS related tasks within contractual Service Level Agreement (SLA), and completing all related administrative duties. As the main interface to the customer, you will need to understand the local and regional infrastructure and key contacts in the other competencies, i.e. IBM stakeholders and 3rd party vendors, etc., this will ensure that the correct team is aware of, and taking action on the problem in hand. Strong customer facing skills are a necessity as customer & client interaction is required on a daily basis, subsequently having a direct impact on customer satisfaction and the reputation of Allvotec.
To meet our customer needs within a diverse working environment, the role calls for a degree of flexibility and an expectation that you may be required to help out at other IBM accout site locations.
- Resolve customer hardware/software problem tickets.
- A technical knowledge of the supported platform is required as well as a working knowledge of the hardware.
- Resolve tickets within the customer SLA and obtain a high Customer Sat. Rating.
- Good communication skills are required.
- Be vigilant for possible fraudulent activity and if necessary raise a security incident report using the template accessible via the corporate Intranet.
- Periodically review Allvotec Security Policies – centrally hosted on the Intranet – to ensure full compliance with current legal, regulatory and company requirements.
- Be aware of your security responsibilities & know how to access Allvotec Group Security Policies hosted on the Intranet and the principles listed with the Allvotec Group Security Policy Statement document
- Carry out any ‘ad hoc’ assignments as and when required.
- To be compliant with Health & Safety company policy and legislation.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience, Behaviours
- Microsoft Windows XP & Windows 7 – 10
- Apple experience
- Microsoft Office 2016 and applications inc Outlook,
- Building & deployment of laptops, desktops & Apple devices
- Active Directory,
- Basic hardware knowledge, laptop keyboards, memory, hard drives
- Experience with network fault troubleshooting
- Experience with network printer installs and configuration
- Working with remote tools e.g. SCCM to deploy software and take remote control.
- Antivirus Applications e.g. SCEP, Trend
- Able to provide problem determination support for bespoke applications.
- Ability to backup users data
- Asset management skills, i.e. updating of asset management systems
- Report extraction from customer systems
- Compliance with any customer specific security clearance process.
- IT industry experience – 2 years
- A good understanding of analytical troubleshooting
- A good understanding of networks and windows Operating systems
- Able to diagnose/configure desktops, laptops and printers.
- Desktop and laptop accreditation desirable
- Microsoft accreditation desirable
- ITIL accreditation desirable
- Knowledge of specific customer software
- Team player
- Pays attention to detail
- Can work under pressure
- Tact & diplomacy
- Good time-keeping
- Good communication skills
- Customer care Skills
- Adhere to health & safety procedures
The position is site based to cover activity on all “The Very Group” sites.Apply