EUC Apple Engineer
Allvotec stands for ‘all voice and technology’, delivering end-to-end services for partners across unified communications and technology services. We help run IT for customers of major services businesses, and through the hard work of our workforce, we are a capable, proven and agile partner delivering a wide range of IT solutions.
To act both as a specialist in specific product areas for customer systems and provide support for hardware and software maintenance calls and implementation requests. To act as a first point of contact for users in order to assist with first-time fixes. To assist with ad-hoc IT related tasks as and when required. To maintain flexibility in order to service the SLA. To be able to provide coverage for the Team Leader in periods of absence or other as and when required.
- To provide high-quality, highly visible desk side and floor-walking support functions to the customer and log such activities through the call systems as work is completed.
- Working either within a team on site or as the single point of contact for site.
- Hardware installation, setup and troubleshooting of Apple and Windows 10 clients
- Software installation, setup and troubleshooting of Apple and Windows devices
- To perform diagnostic services using all available resources, including the use of other customer-based and external support parties.
- To manage hardware repair through the customer defined warranty routes.
- Open tickets and work with service desk where required including any external support parties for hardware equipment failures or software related issues.
- To update call management systems with relevant notes to aid the customer, the end-user, other teams, and other members within our own team with resolutions, customer updates and escalations. Where no call management system exists, a spreadsheet or other means will be made available.
- Perform basic networking support, including investigating faults, patch, tracing & replacing from deskside to switches
- Perform IMAC activities as defined within the customer contract.
- Provide remote support to end-users.
- Provide simple patching services both from floor to desktop equipment and within the comms room.
- Provide simple cabling diagnostic services.
- Provide support with network cabling, tracing replacing, switch diagnostics and basic parts replacements,
- Ensure the Team Leaders / SDM are aware of any potential escalations.
- Complete all paperwork as required.
- Overtime when required for out-of-hours/project activity.
- Update Asset Database systems/spreadsheets.
- Carry out other tasks as requested by the Team Leader/SDM including but not limited to simple Health & Safety tasks within own working area plus regular process reviews to ensure compliance ahead of regular internal and external audit checks.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Confidence in decision making and owning a resolution to the end
- Ability to work alone with minimal support
- Established skills in specific products
- Proven product related technical skills
- Solid understanding of other technical areas
- Communication skills
- Can Do attitude
- Approachable and willing to approach
- Excellent customer facing skills
- VIP/Executive support
- Ability to prioritise
- Patience/tact and diplomacy
- Problem solving
- Attention to detail
- Problem management
- Lateral multi-tasking ability
- Ability to make quick, accurate, decisive decisions in order for service delivery to meet SLA’s
- Ability to work under pressure as an individual or within a team
Role is based in London.
Hours – As defined within the scope of the Service Contract.
Allvotec thrives in rewarding staff for their hard work and good quality and as such there are fantastic opportunities for progression throughout the company.Apply