Head of Pre Sales – Technical
Allvotec stands for ‘all voice and technology’, delivering end-to-end services for partners across unified communications and technology services. We help run IT for customers of major services businesses, and through the hard work of our workforce, we are a capable, proven and agile partner delivering a wide range of IT solutions.
Reporting to the “Pre Sales Director”, you will lead a small team of infrastructure designers and estimators providing a robust and professional service to the Sales Team and their clients plus working closely with the operations team to hand over projects into delivery. In addition to being a hands-on member of the team, you will also provide day-to-day management of the team, including work allocation and review, as well as a general people management role.
You will require a background in a broad range of network infrastructure, ideally around the retail, SME and/or public sector environments. We specialise in the rapid mass deployment of secure digital technologies to clients with 100’s or 1,000’s of sites across the UK deploying services such as structured cabling, LAN, WAN, WLAN, PoS and Security technologies from leading global vendors.
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of and a keen interest in retail technologies, including PoS, SCO (Self Check-Out), WiFi and Loss Prevention Solutions.
In addition to a people management role, you will have ideally had a previous hands-on role allowing an understanding not only the equipment and components required as part of a design but also the engineering and management effort required to complete the installation.
A key part of the role is to manage responses to customer requests as the technical author, understanding the customer’s requirements and converting this into a written proposal and design response document along with a priced equipment list and schedule of professional service charges for each stage of the design, deployment and support process across our portfolio, drawing from the experience and skills of the team.
You will not be responsible for the delivery of projects. However, hands-on engineering skills and the ability to effectively hand over and communicate the delivery requirements to the deployment teams is preferred as well as highlighting training requirements needed for new products and solutions.
Ideally, you will also possess a good understanding and practical experience of WiFi survey tools such as Ekahau and the use of sidekick to complete onsite and remote WiFi surveys and troubleshooting tasks physical on customer sites.
- Leading the pre-sales technical/functional support activity to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Allocate Pre-Sales requests to yourself and the team.
- Monitor, track and provide monthly stats on activity levels and trends.
- Lead any and all aspects of the technical sales process. Advise internal and external clients on overall architect solutions.
- You will answer technical questions, create proposals, analyse client’s needs and develop technical solutions based on the best combination of technologies that ISG can procure, deploy and support
- Take the lead as a technical author for client proposals
- Being the technical subject matter expert on Cisco’s, HP’s and other Networking, Wireless and Security products including features, functions, and benefits, while being able to share that knowledge with audiences at various levels of clients from IT Manager to CTO.
- Act as a trusted advisor to customers and provide the right solution to the customer.
- Working directly with clients to understand their business strategy, programme requirements & processes
- Understand RF surveying techniques ideally using AirMagnet or Ekahau software.
- Perform in-depth and high-level technical presentations for customers/clients regarding the solutions at all levels.
- Articulate the technical value proposition and key differentiating capabilities to prospective new customers and solutions partners
- Help with technical content for sales and marketing collateral
- Assist with post-implementation support for key customers
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- A proven track record with ideally 5+ years in a Pre-sales/Design role designing, pricing and creating response documentation for distributed networking solutions and physical infrastructure.
- Previous experience in managing a diversely skilled team.
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, leading tender responses as the lead technical author and design authority.
- Commercially astute with the ability to create complete and detailed cost models in Excel.
- Ideally technically certified/trained to one of the major manufacturers (Cisco/HP/Juniper)
- Retail/Multi-site distributed network architecture experience preferred.
- Understand full-stack networking, ideally including wireless and LAN network deployments.
- Full understanding of wireless technologies and site surveys.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and set priorities.
- Excellent presentation skills to a ‘C’ Level audience.
- Forward-thinking technologist, keeping track of market trends, new products and technologies.
- In-depth working knowledge of TCP/IP v4 and an understanding of TCP/IP v6.
- In-depth working knowledge of WiFi surveys, installation, configuration and troubleshooting
- Strong knowledge in Internet technologies (routing, switching and general network infrastructure)
- Knowledge/Understanding of IP CCTV Surveys, installation and configuration.
- Good working knowledge of Internet connectivity methods using copper and fibre presentation.
- A demonstrable interest in keeping abreast with technical developments in this field.
- Cisco Certifications an advantage
- Previous experience of requirements gathering, design and solution building
- Аbility to replicate this in a commercial setting
- Аbility to show and discuss a range of previous customer solution designs
- Аbility to demonstrate familiarity with network solution designs
- Ability to develop effective working relationships internally at a variety of levels and work closely with commercial departments such as sales, operations and product development
- Be organised and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
- Ability to cope under pressure and prioritise work accordingly
- Project management experience a distinct advantage
- Full driving licence and willingness to travel through sales territory
The role will be home based, with travel to customer sites as required.
Allvotec thrives in rewarding staff for their hard work and good quality and as such there are fantastic opportunities for progression throughout the company.Apply