Infrastructure Project Manager
Allvotec stands for ‘all voice and technology’, delivering end-to-end services for partners across unified communications and technology services. We help run IT for customers of major services businesses, and through the hard work of our workforce, we are a capable, proven and agile partner delivering a wide range of IT solutions.
The purpose of the job is to support the Project Delivery Director through the effective use of resources and control of activities for a range of specified contracts in order to provide a safe and high quality service to Allvotec customers.
The holder of this position is responsible for the delivery of a number of projects, to agreed timelines, budget and quality, and the management and development of resources employed in the delivery of these projects.
The job holder will be accountable for preselling, managing and supervising day to day activities within a portfolio of contracts. As such the job holder needs to have a demonstrated track record of technical and operational excellence in delivering high quality contract performance to customers, the potential for supervising a team of engineers and to possess the skills necessary to relate positively to customers.
- To effectively control the profit & loss budgets for each contract, particularly in the area of labour, subcontract and material costs.
- To ensure labour, subcontract and material costs for own contracts remain within agreed budget
- To maintain staff morale and motivation of all installation engineers in support of the Project Delivery Director.
- To ensure that the Project Delivery Director, PMO Team, Stores Manager and Installation Engineers receive regular communications on contract performance and other issues relevant to their roles.
- To assist the Project Delivery Director with setting clear performance objectives for each individual who reports to the jobholder.
- To ensure that staff within the job holders responsibility are fully competent and trained to undertake key tasks
- To maintain good working relationships with operational employees in keeping with the requirements of Company policy and legislation.
- To support the Project Delivery Director in the day to day implementation of policies, procedures and standards necessary to maintain the integrity of ongoing operational activities and to provide high quality service to customers.
- To identify and implement, in agreement, operational improvements to ensure the continued provision of high quality service to existing customers.
- Working in conjunction with the PMO to support the Project Delivery Director in the implementation of and application of the Company Operating Systems (CRM)
- Responsibilities extend into the arranging, coordinating and delivering any BAU Pre-sales activities (survey, pricing, quoting & delivering) for existing customers and new customers, where the requirements are deemed by the Company to fall beneath the threshold of the Presales Department.
- To plan the effective deployment of labour in conjunction with the Project Delivery Director and subcontractors within the area of responsibility in order to ensure efficient labour utilisation and quality service for the customers.
- To support the Project Delivery Director in achieving the cost-effective purchase of materials required for inclusion in the contracted service by direct interface with the Stores Manager.
- To effectively and efficiently support the Project Delivery Director in a number of areas of contract administration, including time sheets, fuel returns, raising invoices and purchase orders by direct interface with the administrators and Stores Manager.
- To maintain day to day contact with customer representatives, to review and resolve operational matters within contracts and to identify areas for the Project Delivery Director where the value of Allvotec business could be expanded.
- To respond rapidly to short term operational problems arising from existing contracts.
- In conjunction with the Project Delivery Director to provide customers with regular updates and management information on contract performance.
- On completion to hand over the contract to the customer representative in accordance with the specification including all certificates and documentation.
- Ensure that the day to day operations within each contract are conducted to the highest standard of safety taking account of all legislative and regulatory requirements.
- To regularly monitor the safety performance of all contracts and identify areas for improvement.
- To ensure that staff within the job holders responsibility conduct day to day operations with due regard to environmental standards, legislation and regulatory requirements
- To ensure that the highest quality standards are applied in all areas of day to day activity in order to satisfy and maintain company defined standards and the requirements of external quality verification
- To communicate to installation engineer’s changes to existing or new company policy and procedures and local work instructions.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- A minimum of three years substantial operational and technical experience with demonstrated potential for providing work guidance staff.
- Experience of positively dealing with the resolution of customer problems within specific contracts.
- Demonstrated “hands-on” technical expertise in a number of key operational areas.
- Specific industry experience at a day to day operational level in the area of Structured Cabling and LAN environments is essential.
- Additionally, experience of working in an electrical installation environment would also be highly valuable.
- Previous experience should also have included situations requiring face to face dealings with external customers.
- Ideally the job holder should have been educated to at least ONC, NVQ level 4 or equivalent full technical standard.
- Technical expertise, qualifications or apprenticeship in a craft skill or engineering discipline would be an important pre-requirement of the role.
- Knowledge of key operational procedures e.g. invoicing, time sheets, purchase orders, installation techniques, Quality and Health and Safety.
- Basic knowledge of information technology, Windows, spreadsheets, keyboard skills etc.
- Prince2 Foundation qualification or equivalent APM qualification
- Experience of working in a project team on at least 2 medium-scale, or small-scale multiple projects
- Experience of Project Managing within challenging environments such as MOJ locations
- Knowledge of full project lifecycle: initiation, managing stage boundaries, change management, risk management, and the principles of running projects.
- Excellent time management, communication, organisation, and customer service skills.
- Ability to work well within a team, and also with minimum supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships.
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills.
- Proven experience of Microsoft applications.
- Manages own and others workload.
- Present a professional image
- Have a full driving license
- Undertake travel to customer sites as required in addition to Allvotec office locations
- Work out of hours where necessary
- The following personal skills are seen as critical for the successful performance of the role. Job incumbents need to demonstrate evidence of:
- People Management – the ability to clearly communicate work tasks and win the commitment of others to achieving high level of operational performance.
- Commercial Awareness – the ability to understand the key financial, labour and material variables within the contracts budget in order to maximise the return for the organisation.
- Resource Management – the ability to cost effectively supervise resources available to achieve a high level of service to customers.
- Customer Orientation – the ability to build positive relationships with customers in order to speedily resolve day to day operational problems and identify opportunities for increasing the level of profitable business arising from these relationships.
- Work Standards – the ability to establish, implement and monitor high standards of excellence in the areas of quality, safety and operational performance within the contract portfolio.
- Resilience – the ability to maintain an objective and positive focus through periods of high and sustained work pressure.
Allvotec thrives in rewarding staff for their hard work and good quality and as such there are fantastic opportunities for progression throughout the company.Apply