Title: IT Technician
Reports to: Field Team Manager
Hours of work: 8:30 am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday
Provide hardware and software support, both remotely and deskside on IT products within the required Service Level Agreement (SLA). There is also an element of providing backfill for Site Engineers and Customer Tech Bars (Surgeries). To meet our customer needs and a diverse working environment, the role calls for a degree of flexibility and an expectation that the core working hours are spent on customer sites
The objective is to provide Corporate IT Users support in their consumption of IT equipment, software and infrastructure. Engineers will undertake reasonably required deskside activity. Typically, this will include:
- Hardware remedial maintenance (Diagnoses and repair; ordering parts through approved channels)
- Hardware preventive maintenance (Plan and regular maintenance of on-site equipment)
- IMAC activity (Install, Move, Add and Change)
- VIP Support (including first line support) for hardware, software and applications (East Finchley only)
- Deskside software support
- Hardware rebuilds
- Software updates
- User Training (East Finchley only)
- Provision and repair of network connectivity between desks and patch panel
- Production and updating of appropriate corporate manuals
- Review and maintain incident/request management tool (ticketing tool)
- Priorities work and aim to complete within applicable service levels
- Ensure all laptops and desktops to be disposed of are placed in the secure, onsite storage facility in accordance with the process agreed between Capgemini and McDonald’s and communicated to the Supplier.
- Deskside Support shall be provided by the Supplier 08:00 – 18:00 Monday – Friday excluding public holidays in England and Wales.
- Provide input to weekly, monthly reports as requirement by the manager.
- Present a professional and positive company image.
- Adhere to company and client policies include health and safety (H&S)
- Escalate in a timely manner and risks to issue encountered to the manager.
- All H&S risks/issues to be notified to the manager.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
Knowledge / Skills
- PC literate
- Customer liaison skills
- Interpretation of data & actions
- Decision making.
- Good troubleshooting skills
- IT engineering experience – 2 years
- A good understanding of analytical troubleshooting
- A good understanding of networks and windows Operating systems
- Must be able to diagnose and repair desktops and laptops
- Knowledge of specific customer software
- Full UK Driving License
- Team player
- Pays Attention to detail
- Can work under pressure
- Tact & diplomacy
- Good time-keeping
- Good Communication skills
- Customer Care Skills
- Adhere to health & safety procedures
East Finchley, London