Sales & Building room Engineer
Title: Sales & Building room Engineer
Reports to: Service Delivery Manager
Hours of work: 40 hrs pw between 06:00 – 19:00 Mondays and 06:30 – 19:00 Tuesdays to Fridays
The job role is for a basic desktop engineer with 1-2 years’ experience. Someone who demonstrates high levels of customer care and behaviour at all times. Has proven technical ability in supporting hardware and software within a comparable Sales and trading environment under SLA conditions.
- Effectively use and manage Service Now or other call management system to handle and update calls.
- Installation and configuration of PCs, graphics cards, hard disks, memory, mice, keyboards, screens, printers and other components.
- Build all desktops and workstations to ensure stock levels are adequate to meet demand.
- Support of the corporate Blackberry/iPhone mobile phones and iPhone BYO (bring your own) devices
- Demonstrate high levels of customer care behaviors at all times and adopt an approach that shows consistent commitment to providing a customer focused quality service.
- Work across lines of service to ensure a coordinated approach to providing support for the customer. Cooperate with other teams within our group and 3rd parties to ensure all services are delivered within service level targets and according to best practice.
- Actively build and develop excellent working relationships with all members of the team to ensure a professional approach to day to day activities.
- Support colleagues by sharing knowledge and assisting them in the successful delivery of common objectives.
- Identify ways of improving productivity and lowering costs which provides enhanced service value for accounts and business areas.
- Actively participate in a program of Continuous Service Improvement taking ownership of actions that deliver results.
- Screen, prioritize and undertake site based related incident resolution and change activity in accordance with defined processes, procedures and local work instructions.
- Maintain a tidy working environment
- Offer problem solving solutions
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer care skills along with an attention to detail
- Current experience supporting Windows OS and bespoke applications within a business environment
- Technical ability supporting and maintaining hardware and peripheral devices; including break-fix
- Knowledge of trade floor desks including multi-screen configurations
- Proven technical ability in supporting video, audio, communications and IT hardware
- Blackberry support experience: Build / deploy using BES; Installation, configuration and training
- An understanding of ITIL Service Support and Delivery disciplines and methodologies
- Experience using a help desk call management system
- Ability to work in an organised way to tight timescales whilst under pressure
- Awareness of network infrastructure (cabling; configuration and release of IP address; etc.)
- Knowledge of Sidewinder MAC address QUIP, assigning Hostnames using standard Networking Tools
- Able to upgrade screen software driver, including analogue/digital force fix for graphics cards.
Canary Wharf, London