Mobile Deskside Engineer: South West (HR1-650)
Allvotec stands for ‘all voice and technology’, delivering end-to-end services for partners across unified communications and technology services. We help run IT for customers of major services businesses, and through the hard work of our workforce, we are a capable, proven and agile partner delivering a wide range of IT solutions.
To act both as a specialist in specific product areas for customer systems and provide support for
hardware and software maintenance calls and implementation requests within the required Service
Level Agreement (SLA). Providing both planned and unplanned backfill for Site Engineers and
Customer Tech Bars (Surgeries). To meet our customer needs and a diverse working environment, the
role calls for a degree of flexibility and an expectation that the core working hours are spent on customer
• To provide high-quality, highly visible desk side and floor-walking support functions to the customer
and log such activities through the call systems as work is completed.
• Working within a core site as part of a wider teams spread through other core sites and field.
• To install pre-defined computer ‘images’ onto desktop and laptop computers in the case of a serious
• To install or re-install any applications onto PCs in line with installation procedures.
• Perform basic networking support, including investigating faults, patch, tracing & replacing from
deskside to switches
• To perform diagnostic services using all available resources, including the use of other customerbased and external support parties.
• To manage hardware repair through the customer defined warranty & non warranty routes
• Create tickets for walk-ins and support the user to resolution
• To update call management systems with relevant notes to aid the customer, the end-user, other
teams, and other members within our own team with resolutions, customer updates and
• Provide alternative solutions including a “Box/Hardware Swap” where possible to provide a quick
resolution with minimum inconvenience to the user.
• Perform IMaC activities as defined within the customer contract.
• Provide remote support to end-users.
• Provide simple patching services both from floor to desktop equipment and within the comms room
where access has been permitted
• Provide simple cabling diagnostic services.
• Ensure the Team Leaders/ SDM are aware of any potential escalations
• Responsible for stock management onsite and tracking for any items under Allvotec control
• Ensure stock sheets are fully updated ready for Audit by SDM or Customer.
• Ensure administration is satisfactory and up to date.
• Overtime when required for out-of-hours/project activity.
• Carry out other tasks as requested by the Team Leader / SDM including but not limited to simple
Health & Safety tasks within own working area plus regular process reviews to ensure compliance
ahead of regular internal and external audit checks.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
• 3 Years Desk Side Experience
• ITSM Ticket-based toolsets in order to have an understanding and manage workflow tickets
• Strong product related technical background
• Knowledge of Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10
• Microsoft Office 2010, 2013 & 365
• Mobile Phone Support
• SCCM knowledge
• Imaging and re-imaging devices
• Manual installation of software where required
• VPN/Wireless knowledge
• Can work to SLA’s and prioritise
• Act as a focal point for all work being undertaken onsite
• To work as a member of the team to provide the most effective method of service delivery
• To cover any IT related tasks when required within the scope of the contract
• VIP/Exec support
• Stock Management
• Knowledge of basic printer maintenance
• Ability to drive – Driving License (Clean)
Location – field based around the South West area.
Corporate Clothing – Wear customer attire (corporate clothing) as required in line with both customer
and employer expectations.
Allvotec thrives in rewarding staff for their hard work and good quality and as such there are fantastic opportunities for progression throughout the company.Apply