Onsite Services Engineer
Allvotec stands for ‘all voice and technology’, delivering end-to-end services for partners across unified communications and technology services. We help run IT for customers of major services businesses, and through the hard work of our workforce, we are a capable, proven and agile partner delivering a wide range of IT solutions.
To act both as a specialist in specific product areas for customer systems and provide support for hardware & software maintenance calls and implementation requests.
To act as a first point of contact for users in order to assist with first-time fixes.
To assist with ad-hoc IT related tasks as and when required.
To maintain flexibility in order to service the SLA.
To be able to provide coverage for the Team Leader in periods of absence or other as and when required.
- To provide high-quality, highly visible desk side and floor-walking support functions to the customer and log such activities through the call / ticket systems as work is completed.
- Responsible for providing a high level of customer service and hands-on support.
- Working within a core site as part of a wider teams spread through other core sites and field.
- To install pre-defined computer ‘images’ onto desktop and laptop computers in the case of a serious system failure.
- To install or re-install any applications onto PCs in line with installation procedures.
- Perform basic networking support, including investigating faults, patch, tracing & replacing from deskside to switches
- To perform diagnostic services using all available resources, including the use of other customer-based and external support parties.
- To manage hardware repair through the customer defined warranty & non warranty routes
- Create tickets for walk-ins and support the user to resolution (VIP’s Only)
- To update call / ticket management systems with relevant notes to aid the customer, the end-user, other teams, and other members within our own team with resolutions, customer updates and escalations.
- Coordinate and interface with third parties and vendors to resolve hardware and software problems, as required.
- Install and test replacement parts when requested by resolver-groups
- Assist with setting up security, file access and other administrative procedures associated with moves.
- Order, receive and provide all required equipment, materials, and third-party vendor services to implement MAC’s.
- Move workstations and peripherals, as required
- Provide alternative solutions including a “Box/Hardware Swap” where possible to provide a quick resolution with minimum inconvenience to the user.
- Perform MAC activities as defined within the customer contract.
- Provide remote support to end-users.
- Provide simple patching services both from floor to desktop equipment and within the comms room where access has been permitted.
- Provide troubleshooting and problem resolution support for all network devices.
- Provide simple cabling diagnostic services.
- Own escalations and ensure the Team Leaders/ SDM are aware of any potential escalations
- Responsible for stock management onsite and tracking for any items under Allvotec control.
- Ensure stock sheets are fully updated ready for Audit by SDM or Customer.
- Complete all paperwork as required.
- Overtime when required for out-of-hours/project activity.
- Update Assets spreadsheet & CMDB via Service Now.
- Carry out other tasks as requested by the Team Leader / SDM including but not limited to simple Health & Safety tasks within own working area plus regular process reviews to ensure compliance ahead of regular internal and external audit checks.
- Be prepared to provide cover to sites at other locations or locally as required (for backfill and busy periods) to help maintain the overall SLA.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- 3 Years Desk Side Experience
- ITIL Qualifications would be beneficial
- Some supervisory experience would be beneficial
- Ideally MCSE certified
- MS AD, Teams and Intune knowledge.
- Knowledge and use of SNOW toolset to address workflow tickets
- Strong product related technical background
- Windows 10 & Office 365
- Adobe CC Studio app support.
- Mac knowledge & trouble-shooting – JAMF Enterprise support for Mac’s
- JAMF 100 is required as a minimum.
- Mobile Phone Support – Mainly iPhones
- SCCM knowledge
- Imaging new laptops using SCCM and Autopilot technologies
- Manual installation of software where required
- VPN/Wireless knowledge
- Can work to SLA’s and prioritise
- Act as a focal point for all work being undertaken onsite
- To work as a member of the team to provide the most effective method of service delivery
- To cover any IT related tasks when required within the scope of the contract
- VIP/Exec support
- Stock Management
- Knowledge of basic printer maintenance
- Ability to build effective working relationships with both team members and business users
- Confidence in decision making and owning a resolution to the end
- Ability to work alone with minimal support and within a team
- Established skills in specific products
- Proven product related technical skills
- Solid understanding of other technical areas
- Strong Communication skills
- Can Do attitude
- Approachable and willing to approach
- Excellent customer facing skills
- VIP/Executive support
- Ability to prioritise
- Patience/tact and diplomacy
- Problem solving
- Attention to detail
- Problem management
- Lateral multi-tasking ability
- Ability to make quick, accurate, decisive decisions in order for service delivery to meet SLA’s
- Ability to work under pressure as an individual or within a team
Location – Locations as defined within the service contract, based in London, supporting on-site near St.Paul’s and Hammersmith.
Corporate Clothing – Wear customer attire (corporate clothing) as required in line with both customer and employer expectations.
Hours – As defined within the scope of the Service Contract.
Hours – Flexible approach to cover the service hours expected.
Allvotec thrives in rewarding staff for their hard work and good quality and as such there are fantastic opportunities for progression throughout the company.Apply