Onsite Services Engineer
Title: Onsite Services Engineer
Reports to: Team Leader/Manager/Resource Manager/Service Delivery Manager
Hours of work: 37.5 hours p/w covering two shifts 07:00 – 15:30 and 09:30 – 18:00. Bank Holiday on call cover and Network ‘Smart Hands’ on call cover.
Provide hardware and software support, both remotely and deskside on IT products within the required Service Level Agreement (SLA). To meet our customer needs and a diverse working environment, the role calls for a degree of flexibility and an expectation that the core working hours are spent on customer sites. Provide an on-call service for all England Bank Holidays excluding New Year’s Day and Christmas Day and provide a weekly (on rota) out of hours on-call service for Network “Smart Hands” Support. Standard allvotec on-call rates apply.
- To replace desktops, laptops and monitors as like for like and enabling a quick resolution with minimum inconvenience to the end user
- Perform Break fix on all desktop equipment
- To perform IMAC activities
- Complete all allocated calls and maintain regular contact with call scheduler
- To diagnose problems accurately using all the available resources and technical knowledge
- To provide timely, quality solution keeping the customer updated and escalating if required
- Refer to relevant procedures to perform role
- Ensure administration is satisfactory and up to date
- To carry out other tasks as requested by Team Leader
- Be vigilant for possible fraudulent activity and if necessary raise a security incident report using the template accessible via the corporate Intranet.
- Periodically review allvotec Security Policies – centrally hosted on the Intranet – to ensure full compliance with current legal, regulatory and company requirements.
- Carry out any ‘ad hoc’ assignments as and when required.
- To be compliant with health and safety company policy and legislation.
- Provide an on-call service for all England Bank Holidays excluding New Year’s Day and Christmas Day.
- Provide a weekly (on rota) out of hours on-call service for Network “Smart Hands” Support
- Provide Audio Visual/ meeting room Support
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- PC literate
- Customer liaison skills
- Interpretation of data & actions
- Decision making.
- Windows OS literate
- Basic knowledge of Server OS and navigation if needed as eyes and ears for smart hands calls
- Experience with Active Directory (not essential)
- Basic hardware knowledge, Laptop Keyboards, Memory, Hard drives
- Experience with network fault troubleshooting
- Experience with Network builds
- Experience with network printer installs and configuration
- Experience with Microsoft applications in particular Office Suite, Visio/Project
- Experience with VPN and remote work on machines
- Good troubleshooting skills
- IT engineering experience – 2 years
- A good understanding of analytical troubleshooting
- A good understanding of networks and windows Operating systems
- Must be able to diagnose and repair desktops and laptops
- Desktop and laptop accreditation desirable
- Knowledge of specific customer software
- Team player
- Pays Attention to detail
- Can work under pressure
- Tact & diplomacy
- Good time-keeping
- Good Communication skills
- Customer Care Skills
- Adhere to health & safety procedures
The position is Site based to cover specified Customer sites. Duties also include Remote investigation work, which you may be requested to undertake. The position also includes a requirement to provide an on-call service for all England Bank Holidays excluding New Year’s Day and Christmas Day and provide a weekly (on-rota) out of hour’s on-call service for Network “Smart Hands” Support on the standard Allvotec on-call rate.Apply