Deskside Engineer HR1-649
Allvotec stands for ‘all voice and technology’, delivering end-to-end services for partners across unified communications and technology services. We help run IT for customers of major services businesses, and through the hard work of our workforce, we are a capable, proven and agile partner delivering a wide range of IT solutions.
Provide hardware and software support, both remotely and deskside on IT products within the required
Service Level Agreement (SLA). To meet our customer needs and a diverse working environment, the role
calls for a degree of flexibility and an expectation that the core working hours are spent on customer sites.
• Provide standard incident break fix support (Laptop \ desktop devices)
• Manage and deliver service requests, deploying desktop and laptop solutions to the client.
• Knowledge on Apple IPhone and IPad products be required to assist with Mobile Smartphones and
Tablets advice and support.
• Identify service improvements
• To diagnose problems accurately using all the available resources and technical knowledge
• To provide timely, quality solution keeping the customer updated and escalating if required
• Refer to relevant procedures to perform role
• Ensure administration is satisfactory and up to date
• To carry out other tasks as requested by Team Leader
• Manage tickets and asset recording using agreed client process on the systems provided.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
Knowledge / Skills
• PC literate
• Customer facing
• Interpretation of data & actions
• Decision making.
• Windows OS literate
• Basic knowledge of Server OS and navigation if needed as eyes and ears for smart hands calls
• Basic hardware knowledge, Laptop Keyboards, Memory, Hard drives
• Experience with Active Directory and SCCM (not essential)
• Experience with network fault troubleshooting
• Experience with Network builds
• Experience with PC/Desktop Support knowledge including Windows XP, Windows 7, 8.1 & 10 &
Windows Office Suites and core application suites.
• Experience with VPN and remote work on machines
• Experience with IPad and Windows Tablets
• Good troubleshooting skills
The position is Site based to cover specified Customer sites. Duties also include Remote investigation work,
which you may be requested to undertake. The position may also include a requirement to provide cover at
other local sites, where there is a “Campus” type environment or local sites.
Allvotec thrives in rewarding staff for their hard work and good quality and as such there are fantastic opportunities for progression throughout the company.Apply