Senior Desk side Engineer
Title: Senior Desk side Engineer
Reports to: Team Leader
Hours of work: 37.5 hrs 08:00 – 18:00 Monday to Friday
Provide leadership, direction, instructions and guidance to your team, for the purpose of achieving a specific goal. To understand and know your team members strengths, weaknesses and motivations. Responsible for resolving problem tickets, IMACs and RFS related tasks within contractual Service Level Agreement (SLA), and completing all related administrative duties. As the main interface to the customer, you will need to understand the local and regional infrastructure and key contacts in the other competencies, i.e. Seqirus stakeholders and 3rd party vendors, etc., this will ensure that the correct team is aware of, and taking action on the problem in hand. Strong customer facing skills are a necessity as customer & client interaction is required on a daily basis, subsequently having a direct impact on customer satisfaction and the reputation of Allvotec. To meet our customer needs within a diverse working environment, the role calls for a degree of flexibility and an expectation that you may be required to help out at other site locations.
- Communicate clear instructions to your team members.
- Develop a strategy the team will use to reach it’s goal.
- Provide any technical & procedure education the team members may require.
- Listen to your team members feedback.
- Manage the flow of day to day BAU operations, distributing the workload evenly and that motivation and performance levels are maintained.
- Monitor team members participation to ensure they are meeting their day to day BAU objectives.
- Provide Atos & Allvotec account reporting on a Daily, Weekly, Monthly basis on SLA’s & Baselines.
- Provide management with the necessary reports, feedback and updates on your team members.
- Provides quality customer services, acting as focal point to interact with customers, answering customer inquiries and handling any customer complaints.
- Resolve customer hardware/software PC problem tickets.
- Provide support on the DR tests & any invocations.
- A technical knowledge of the supported platform is required as well as a working knowledge of the hardware.
- Resolve tickets within the customer SLA and obtain a high Customer Sat. Rating.
- Be vigilant for possible fraudulent activity and if necessary raise a security incident report using the template accessible via the corporate Intranet. Periodically review Allvotec Security Policies – centrally hosted on the Intranet – to ensure full compliance with current legal, regulatory and company requirements.
- Be aware of your security responsibilities & know how to access Allvotec Security Policies hosted on the Intranet and the principles listed within the Allvotec Security Policy Statement document. Carry out any ‘ad hoc’ Allvotec administration or manual assignments/requirements when required. To include updating of employee profile on Allvotec intranet.
- To be compliant with Allvotec Health & Safety company policy and legislation.
- Stock Management, movement of company assets are recorded accurtately in ISM
- Ensure HandLe time recording system is updated with accurate records of all tasks carried out.
- Carry out quarterly Allvotec H&S Walkabouts in designated area.
- Ensure Aged tickets are investigated before the 30 day breach.
- Ensure you adhere to ISM ticket Pend rules and ensure pended tickets are updated frequently and results are displayed in ticket summary.
- Ensure you adopt the Clean Desk Policy
- Customer security is a priority, never leave a machine unsecured. Kensington lock or store in secure room
- Provide Hands & Eyes support (as directed by Atos)
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Ability to prioritise work load.
- Accurate record keeping.
- Ability to plan ahead.
- Ability to make decisions.
- Good time management skills.
- Ability to have authority but tactful with how you manage your authority over others.
- Good communication skills, written & verbal are required.
- Microsoft Windows Windows 7
- Microsoft Office and applications inc Outlook, Microsoft Office 365
- Building of laptops and desktops
- Active Directory
- Basic hardware knowledge, laptop keyboards, memory, hard drives Experience with network fault troubleshooting
- Experience with network builds
- Experience with network printer installs and configuration
- Working with remote tools e.g. SCCM to deploy software and take remote control.
- Antivirus Applications e.g.
- Able to provide problem determination support for bespoke applications. Ability to backup users data
- Asset management skills, i.e. updating of asset management systems
- Report extraction from customer systems
- Compliance with any customer specific security clearance process.
- IT industry experience – 4-5 years
- A good understanding of analytical troubleshooting
- A good understanding of networks and windows Operating systems
- Able to diagnose/configure desktops, laptops and printers.
- Desktop and laptop accreditation desirable
- Microsoft accreditation desirable
- ITIL accreditation desirable
- Knowledge of specific customer software