Service Desk Analyst – FCO
Title: Service Desk Analyst
Reports to: Service Delivery Manager
Department: Technology Services
Hours of work: Shifts 07:00 – 15:00, 08:00 -16:00 and 09:00 – 17:00, Mon – Fri
To provide resolutions to incidents within SLA. To validate and record incidents where necessary and to ensure that incident records are correctly updated with accurate details and activities. To ensure incidents and service requests are managed and progressed for the end customer within the contractual SLA.
- To provide a focal point of communication and technical escalation
- To liaise with all other internal departments and external partners
- Co-ordination of all service functions within specified range
- To vet and provide effective resolution of incidents; using a sound knowledge of networking architecture and protocols to assist with the troubleshooting.
- Follow procedures relevant to job role
- To act as a strong mentor and guide to all other Service Desk Analysts
- Perform administrative duties where necessary
- Contact with end customer, third parties and internal resolver groups.
- Be vigilant for possible fraudulent activity and if necessary raise a security incident report using the template accessible via the corporate Intranet.
- Periodically review Daisy Security Policies – centrally hosted on the Intranet – to ensure full compliance with current legal, regulatory and company requirements.
- Carry out any ‘ad hoc’ assignments as and when required.
- To be compliant with health and safety company policy and legislation.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Technical Helpdesk experience – 3 years
- Customer Service experience including a good telephone manner – 2 years
- A thorough working knowledge of Windows Vista & Windows 10.
- MS Office, Outlook, Local\Roaming profile, Active Directory & Exchange as well as experience of remote support.
- Knowledge of hardware – Desktop PC’s, Laptops & Printers
- Appreciation of networking technologies & protocols, e.g. Routers, Hubs, Switches, TCP/IP
- Currently working towards an MCSA/E or CCNA accreditation.
- Making informed decisions
- Team Work
- Able to use own initiative
- Ability to work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Flexible working attitude
- Active Team player
- Tact & diplomacy
- Reliable and Honest