Service Desk Analyst – Shift -FCO
Title: Service Desk Analyst
Reports to: Service Delivery Manager
Department: Technology Services
Hours of work: Shifts 4 days on, 6 off, 4 nights on, 4 off, 3 days/nights on, 4 days off, Mon – Sun
Shift Analyst is required to ensure that incidents and service requests are managed and progressed for the end customer within the contractual SLA. They will need to cover the assigned necessary shifts as in the desk published shift pattern.
- To provide a focal point of communication and technical escalation
- To liaise with all other internal departments and external partners
- Co-ordination of all service functions within specified range
- To vet and provide effective resolution of incidents; using a sound knowledge of networking architecture and protocols to assist with the troubleshooting.
- Follow procedures relevant to job role
- To act as a strong mentor and guide to all other Service Desk Analysts
- Perform administrative duties where necessary
- Contact with end customer, third parties and internal resolver groups.
- Be vigilant for possible fraudulent activity and if necessary raise a security incident report using the template accessible via the corporate Intranet.
- Periodically review Daisy Security Policies – centrally hosted on the Intranet – to ensure full compliance with current legal, regulatory and company requirements.
- Carry out any ‘ad hoc’ assignments as and when required.
- To be compliant with health and safety company policy and legislation.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Technical Helpdesk experience
- Customer Service experience including a good telephone manner
- A thorough working knowledge of Windows Vista
- MS Office, Outlook, Local\Roaming profile, Active Directory & Exchange as well as experience of remote support.
- Knowledge of hardware – Desktop PC’s, Laptops & Printers
- Appreciation of networking technologies & protocols, e.g. Routers, Hubs, Switches, TCP/IP
- Currently working towards an MCSA/E or CCNA accreditation.
- Making informed decisions
- Team Work
- Able to use own initiative
- Ability to work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Flexible working attitude
- Active Team player
- Tact & diplomacy
- Reliable and Honest