Service Desk Analyst
Title: Service Desk Analyst
Reports to: Service Desk Team Leaders
Department: Highways Service Desk
Hours of work: 7.5 hours, Mon-Fri, 7am to 7pm
Managing, achieving and exceeding designated contract Service Level Agreements by following service desk best practice guidelines and working procedures. Identifying and applying service desk improvements as directed.
To provide support and resolution to customer issues within agreed service levels utilizing service management tools and resources. To validate and record incidents where necessary and to ensure that incident records are correctly updated, with accurate details and activities.
- Provide a focal point of communication within the service desk environment
- liaise with intermediary support teams within internal departments and external third party providers
- To correctly record and categorize incidents within the IT Service Management tool to a high standard of accuracy and detail
- Provide an effective and timely resolution to outstanding incidents and requests following service desk procedures and work instructions
- Escalate outstanding incidents in a timely manner
- Proactively provide regular updates and agree solutions to customers issues and problems
- Contribute effectively to the maintenance of the service desk knowledge base
- Other duties as delegated by the Highways England Team Leaders
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Technical Helpdesk experience – 1+ years
- Customer Service experience – 1+ years
- An understanding of Windows 10, Office 2016, Office 365, Active Directory and DHCP
- An understanding of Server 2012 / 2016, Exchange 2013
- Knowledge of hardware vetting – Desktop PC’s, Laptops, Tablets and Printers
- Appreciation of networking technologies & protocols, e.g. Routers, Switches, TCP/IP
- Effective decision making
- Analytical ability
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Exceptional communication and inter-personal skills (written and verbal).
- Practical Problem solving
- Minimum 6 x GCSE’s
- Ability to obtain SC clearance will be required for this role.
- ITIL Foundation v3 certification
Milton Keynes (Mercury House) & Northampton (Technology House)