Service Desk Team Leader
Allvotec stands for ‘all voice and technology’, delivering end-to-end services for partners across unified communications and technology services. We help run IT for customers of major services businesses, and through the hard work of our workforce, we are a capable, proven and agile partner delivering a wide range of IT solutions.
The Service Desk Team Leader assumes the daily management responsibility of a busy Technical IT Service Desk (1st and 2nd Line) which has the capacity to deal with 600 Contacts Per Day (Incidents and Requests).
The Service Desk Team Leader will have 35 direct reports (1LS and 2LS Engineers), ensuring that the team delivers flawless customer service in managing incident restoration and service level agreements as well as monitoring the duties of the Service Desk team members to ensure that client inquires are promptly attended to.
The Service Desk Team Leader will create and sustain a positive team environment, displaying high levels of motivation and driving communication across the department.
The environment in which this role operates is fast paced and continually challenging; as such, to meet our customer needs, the role calls for a degree of flexibility and diversity.
- Ensuring contractual Service Levels and Key Performance Indicators are achieved
- Planning Staff Rota’s/Authorising Annual Leave (ensuring adequate cover in place)
- Conducting and documenting Monthly 121’s to review Agent performance against Performance
- Objectives (and invoking HR processes where needed)
- Producing Weekly Agent Performance Metrics and Productivity Measures
- Conducting Annual Appraisals
- Conducting Return to Work Interviews, reviewing Sickness Records for staff, aiding staff through phased returns to work
- Supporting Action Plans or managing via the absence policy
- Responding to detractors from the Customer Satisfaction Feedback Tool
- Co-ordinating the Recruitment/Induction/Security Vetting of new staff
- Maintaining Training Matrix for all staff, addressing gaps to ensure all staff are fully operational and coordinating Personal Development activities to support Personal Development Reviews
- Chair regular Team Meetings
- Conduct Agent Quality Reviews to measure compliance against the Service Desk Global
- Quality Standard and Ticket Governance KPI’s
- Ensuring the Known Error Database is maintained/reviewed and fully utilised
- Proactive approach to cascading notable and key information to all personnel
- Driving 3210 Initiatives to maximise First Time Fix with the Service Desk
- Service Improvement Plans and CSI Database’s maintained
- Close collaboration with the wider Allvotec Management Team
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Knowledge and understanding of best practice frameworks (such as ITIL) for the delivery of IT services
- Knowledge and experience of best practice in customer service and/or IT service management
- Minimum of 4 GCSE’s including Maths, English and Science
- Experience of working accurately and confidently with service desk tools and technology, such as IT Service Management Toolsets, remote access, knowledge resources
- Previous people management experience
- Sound knowledge and experience of supporting range of IT applications, platforms and technologies
- Ability to motivate and encourage teams to improve performance
- Ability to ensure that a team ethos is developed
- Demonstrates clear and concise written, oral and listening skills (an active / empathetic listener), extending to communicating technical jargon in simple terms to customers and in an appropriate manner
- Problem Solving and Decision Making: Shows evidence of handling majority of issues/problem escalations and suggest resolutions
- Flexibility: Shows evidence of being able to adapt to new situations outside of assigned remit
- Can Do Attitude. Demonstrates drive and determination in coping with difficult situations
- Self Management: Demonstrates evidence of good timekeeping, professional appearance and time management
- Ability to work under pressure or to tight deadlines
- Ability to multitask
- Demonstrates awareness of customer and business needs
- Displays tact & diplomacy
- Ability to use good judgment in handling serious customer problems
- Experience of developing professional and effective working relationships with customers and key stakeholders
- Demonstrates expected Quality requirements consistently, attention to detail
The position will be based in the Westlakes office, Cumbria, though you may be expected to travel to customer sites or other Allvotec sites on an ad-hoc basis.
Allvotec thrives in rewarding staff for their hard work and good quality and as such there are fantastic opportunities for progression throughout the company.Apply