Service Solution Architect
Job Title: Service Solutions Architect
Reports to: Head of Pre Sales
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm
The Service Solution Architect is responsible for the design and creation of service solutions in response to pre-sales bid requirements from customers and partners. The scope of service solutions covers all aspects of outsourcing and support, including but not limited to hardware support, software support, service delivery management, service desk, remote management / monitoring and ongoing service improvement, for both new business and renewal of existing contracted services.
The key emphasis of this role will be to work on solutions for bids that contain Managed services, including hardware and software deskside and field support, datacentre and network infrastructure provision and support, deployment services, telephony and unified communications content both standalone and combined.
The successful candidate will have experience of working with in a multi-disciplined bid environment, with the ability to understand complex requirements and convert them into a service solution design which meets customer requirements and is profitable for the Company.
- Overall solution authority for the end to end service solution, providing a single point of contact for all aspects of the solution design
- Understanding and evaluating customer requirements
- Designing and fine tuning of the overall solution ensuring that it meets the requirements and delivers business value to the customer, aligns with the Allvotec Group delivery capability and the service is deliverable and profitable
- Working with Allvotec Group SME’s to ensure the deliverability of the service solution
- Interface with internal delivery teams, internal SME’s, suppliers and partners for technical design and costs as required to complete the solution
- Establish and cost appropriate service take on / transition projects working with Project Management and Transition teams
- Creating the solution description and proposal documentation
- Fully document the overall solution, understand and manage the assumptions and risks throughout the bid process and handover to the transition and delivery teams
- Managing service validation activities to resolve solution assumptions and mitigate risks
- Preparing the solution and commercial propositions for approval through the Allvotec bid review process following the internal solution and cost governance process
- Accompany Sales to present the solution verbally to customers explaining Allvotec’s value proposition
- Discussing the solution in detail with nominated technical and business experts convincing them of the business benefits of the solution
- Ensuring appropriate service schedules are created in line with the solution design for contract submission
- Ensuring a successful handover to operations for transition and service delivery
- Contributing to development activities such as new service definition and associated costs.
- Carry out any ‘ad hoc’ assignments as and when required.
Other Key Activities
- Take active interest in the Allvotec and wider industry IT services offerings as they develop
- Be vigilant for possible fraudulent activity and if necessary raise a security incident report using the template accessible via the corporate Intranet.
- Periodically review Allvotec Security Policies – centrally hosted on the Intranet – to ensure full compliance with current legal, regulatory and company requirements.
- To be compliant with health and safety company policy and legislation.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- ITIL v3 Foundation Certification }
- Good understanding of market trends and industry best practice for service delivery (ITIL)
- Experience and proven track record of leading bids and winning ranging from £100k to £10m
- Extensive, proven experience in creating similar managed service/outsourcing/support based propositions for customers
- Experience of services similar to those in the Allvotec portfolio including: ITIL Aligned Service Desk, Managed Desktop, Infrastructure outsourcing, Public and Private Cloud Services & Network
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills, ability to understand complex customer requirements and environment and articulate those from the customer’s perspective enabling the establishment of support and managed service requirements
- Competent documentation/solution proposal generator Ability to operate, develop and create complex commercial models
- Team worker who can lead a virtual team across sales and technical functions
- Able to operate up to CxO level both internally and externally when presenting, negotiating scope, technical and commercial
- Willingness to demonstrate flexibility with working hours where required to meet customer deadlines
- Knowledge and experience of contracts involving ARD / TUPE
- Experience of structuring transitional and transformational approaches to contracts
- ITIL v3 Expert qualification
- PRINCE2 qualification Extensive knowledge and experience in all aspects of telecommunications
- Possession of Vendor specific certifications
- Knowledge of IT Bid Support Processes
- Public sector procurement experience
- Working knowledge of Telephony and Unified Communications
Candidates in other customer facing roles may also be considered e.g. Service Delivery/Ops, Sales, etc.
Home-based with regular UK nationwide travel as required
Full UK Driving License requiredApply