Service Transition Manager
Title: Service Transition Manager
Reports to: Solutions Director
Department: Professional Services & Solutions
Hours of work: 8:30 am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday
The Service Transition Manager is responsible for the delivery of multiple service transition or technical projects where the size, complexity and solution may vary. They will need to ensure that the detailed solution, as signed off by Allvotec and the customer, is executed and managed in line with the delivery plan, quality and budget, ensuring all aspects of service are in place and customer billing implemented and initiated while ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction. As a Service Transition Manager, it is expected that the role will also act as a point of escalation when necessary as well as providing coaching and mentoring to junior members of the team.
- Create and execute project work plans, including scope and migration.
- Identify resources required and assign individual responsibilities.
- Provide a single point of contact for customers and internal stakeholders.
- Manage the P&L associated with the project to show budget, forecast and actual profitability.
- Maintain a change control log with records and impact assessments of all changes that have been introduced during the project lifecycle. Ensure that customer instigated changes are properly captured, approved and funded.
- Capture all hours worked and track forecast against budget on a weekly basis on the company timesheet tool.
- Travel to customer sites when necessary.
- Chair regular project reviews with client representatives and project team members, reporting regularly on the project progress to the client and line management.
- Conform to governance during the end to end lifecycle of the project.
- Deliver project to time, quality and budget.
- Define the risk profiles for each project, maintaining and managing the risk and issue log for each project. Put in place contingency plans to minimise business risk.
- Engage and work with Service Transition to ensure successful operational go live.
- Ensure timely and accurate invoicing with supporting evidence to demonstrate completeness of tasks and projects.
- Act as a point of escalation when necessary or requested.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to junior members of the project team.
- Drive customer satisfaction in line with CSAT survey.
- Be vigilant for possible fraudulent activity and if necessary raise a security incident report using the template accessible via the corporate Intranet.
- Periodically review Allvotec Security Policies – centrally hosted on the Intranet – to ensure full compliance with current legal, regulatory and company requirements.
- Senior management within Projects practice
- Customers and third parties when and where appropriate
- Account Managers, Sales Specialists and pre-sales
- Finance, Service Transition, Operational Support and Service Management
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Previous experience in delivering managed services service transition projects for converged solutions.
- Experience of Data Centre, Cloud-based and On Premise solutions involving multiple vendors
- Microsoft Project experience
- Professional Project Management qualifications such as APM or Prince 2 (Practitioner level)
- Experience and understanding of working within an ITIL-lead organisation
- Excellent understanding of Risk and Issue management with demonstrable practical experience
- Understanding of P&L as well as practical knowledge of sales and billing cycles/process
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills
- Excellent MI and reporting skills
- Strong people management skills, including conflict resolution
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent management qualities
- A flexible attitude to work