Strategic Field / Site Cover Engineer
Allvotec stands for ‘all voice and technology’, delivering end-to-end services for partners across unified communications and technology services. We help run IT for customers of major services businesses, and through the hard work of our workforce, we are a capable, proven and agile partner delivering a wide range of IT solutions.
Strategically positioned, where Advanced Associates progress their career and are trained on specific technologies in support of Allvotec’s product strategy. These engineers would be cross-trained on different technologies to give us the ‘strategic’ option and also provide backfill cover for site-based engineers- A broad range of skills in multiple technologies and disciplines which are strategically placed geographically and aligned to the strategic sites and objectives of the business. Our long serving engineers, whose primary role is to work on legacy systems, would also sit at this level
- To service/install a wide range of hardware and software products across a varied estate of public and commercial organisations
- To Provide backfill and site cover for a number of strategic sites in the Local area
- Required to be part of an out of hours rota if required
- To be aware of and meet the KPI’s and objectives set for you by your line manager. This will include a combination of lone working and team work
- To be aware of and to comply with the documented quality system as it applies to your role (ISO Audits)
- Attend where possible all company / manager briefings
- Adhere to the Company Dress Code
- To be willing to undertake overtime to meet customer and company needs
- Be vigilant for possible fraudulent activity and if necessary raise a security incident report using the template accessible via the corporate Intranet.
- Periodically review Allvotec Security Policies – centrally hosted on the Intranet – to ensure full compliance with current legal, regulatory and company requirements.
- Carry out any ‘ad hoc’ assignments as and when required.
- To be compliant with health and safety company policy and legislation.
- Security clearance is required by Allvotec (All New Starters). There is a minimum need for security level SC.
- Must hold a Full UK Driving License and be able to drive a wide Geographical area if required
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Industry knowledge
- Good practical knowledge of software and installed hardware
- Good standard of written English and Maths, and excellent interpersonal skills
- Basic config ( IP address, Username, Password)
- PC literate/analytical
- Valid and current HP Servicing Desktop, Workstation & Notebook Service Qualification, or tier 1 manufacturer equivalent
- Perform Invasive component repairs
- Copy, backup and reload software onto specific devices
- Good Knowledge of Windows 10 and MS Office 365 to a level that can trouble shoot issues
- Complex fault finding/hardware diagnosis
- Ability to follow a script or defined plan
- Complete installations, maintenance & IMACS
- Preventative maintenance activities
- Excellent customer facing and communication skills
- Documentation and paperwork to be completed accurately and in a timely manner
Proven working knowledge and practical experience on tier 1 desktop and notebook manufacturers (HP, Dell, Lenovo, Toshiba)
- Proven working knowledge and practical experience on tier 1 printer manufacturers (HP, Brother, Epson)
- Basic/medium working knowledge and practical experience on tier 1 server manufacturers (HP, Dell, IBM)
- Working knowledge and practical experience on retail EPOS equipment.
- Proven working knowledge in supporting users for Windows 10 and Office 365
- Willingness to work on systems in which they are untrained providing they have support
- Understand and practice the Allvotec Values and be flexible to meet the changing requirements of Allvotec
Home based, although will be required to be based at one site during periods of short-term cover.
Allvotec thrives in rewarding staff for their hard work and good quality and as such there are fantastic opportunities for progression throughout the company.