Job Title: Team Leader
Reports to: Regional Manager
Department: Client Services
Hours of work: Monday to Friday – shifts between 8.00am to 6.00pm
To manage day-to-day operational, people and performance management and to maintain morale, motivation, utilisation and productivity of teams across multiple accounts. To act as a first point of contact for staff in order to assist with staff queries, assist with ad-hoc service/management related tasks as and when required and to deputise for the Regional Manager in periods of absence or other.
- To provide day to day team-leadership for staff over an agreed geographical area for a number of accounts. Including travel to meet up with engineers.
- Approvals of expenses, mileage, overtime
- Maintenance of holidays/absence records, including contingency planning for staff absences.
- Management of leavers/new starters
- Management of staff appraisals and performance management through agreed standards
- Conducting site inductions including the maintenance of site process documentation in order to carry out the tasks.
- Creating and maintaining a staff skills matrix and training plans
- Conducting H&S of engineers/Risk Assessment of working locations
- Management and maintenance of agreed quality standards
- To provide an effective escalation point for staff covering their service-hours as and when required.
- If operationally required to do so, partake on an on-call/escalation rota with other Team Leaders over an agreed geographical area/number of accounts, covering the contractual service hours.
- To review, monitor and organise (where appropriate) the staff daily work-flow and any ad-hoc reporting, working closely with Service Management if required.
- To chair and minute team meetings providing company wide and departmental activities, own and take responsibility of any actions through to conclusion via trackers/enhancement plans where applicable.
- Monitor trends and recommend process changes/training to the line manager where relevant.
- To effectively manage employee matters on a confidential basis.
- To achieve and maintain acceptable levels of H&S for the teams in their environments.
- Maintain Process, Health & Safety dashboards and Audit information in line with business requirements.
- To refer to and adhere to relevant procedures to perform role.
- Maintenance of shared documentation, working closely with the line manager, peers and staff.
- To ensure that staff refer to and adhere to relevant procedures to perform role.
- 3rd party engagement (internal, client, other). Working closely to achieve business goals.
- Adhere to any other reasonable management requests
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Strong, demonstrable written procedural and organisational skills.
- Exposure to previous team-leader role is desirable.
- Ability to demonstrate recent personal successes within their team/with the client.
- IT engineering experience – 3 years desirable.
- A good understanding of analytical troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of specific customer software.
- Ability to drive.
Location – Locations as defined within the agreed regional catchment area.
Travel – Regular and flexible travel in order perform employee visits, backfill other roles/areas and to attend meetings as and when required.
Corporate Clothing – Wear customer attire (corporate clothing) as required in line with both customer and employer expectations.
Hours – Flexible approach to cover the service hours expected.