Tech Bar Engineer
Allvotec stands for ‘all voice and technology’, delivering end-to-end services for partners across unified communications and technology services. We help run IT for customers of major services businesses, and through the hard work of our workforce, we are a capable, proven and agile partner delivering a wide range of IT solutions.
Provide a Tech Bar Service within the required Service Level Agreement (SLA). To meet our customer needs and a diverse working environment, the role calls for a degree of flexibility and an expectation that the core working hours are spent on customer sites. To provide an integrated Level 1 & Level 2 service to the end user community. The Tech Bar service is accessed by the user either physically visiting the Tech Bar or via virtual means using an approved collaboration tool.
- To replace desktops, laptops and monitors as like for like and enabling a quick resolution with minimum inconvenience to the end user
- Perform Break fix on all desktop equipment
- To perform IMAC activities
- Complete all allocated calls and maintain regular contact with call scheduler
- To provide basic how to training on services, basic IT service tasks
- To ensure that complaints tickets are open relating to Infrastructure incidents
- To ensure that all service provided at the Tech Bar is ticketed, Lookup the status of existing tickets, add updates, and pull the ticket to resolve it if the ticket is for an in scope services
- To provide assistance relating to PKI issues, provide direction on how to reset your PKI pin, but they cannot reset PKI onsite
- Provide support for access issues / password resets (Domain PW, Bit Locker PW, Applications Login, PKI Card)
- Provide standard break fix support; Solve and support incidents for Standard Software and hardware
- Providing advice and support for Microsoft Suite, Client Suite, and standard applications in the software basket.
- Provide Guidance only! Assist the user with how to order software and how to install it
- Provide advice and support for collaboration tools, individual network connectivity and personal file/storage.
- Provide Guidance only for data backup and restore.
- Provide standard incident break fix support (Laptop \ desktop devices)
- To Provide Hardware Diagnostics only! determine the problem, and log tickets to hardware support teams
- Assist with Mobile Smartphones and Tablets advice and support.
- Provide standard break fix support; for client devices unable to connect to Wi-Fi and Remote Access Issues
- Recommending subjects for future Client-run training
- Identify service improvements
- To diagnose problems accurately using all the available resources and technical knowledge
- Provide guidance and answer questions related to IT services and tools.
- Support user requests for status and/or resolution of existing tickets
- Perform hardware diagnostics onsite and create tickets for more advance issues for dispatch to 3rd level support groups.
- Provide incident support and setup assist for email issues on standard mobile devices.
- Additionally, opportunities will be identified to address recurring issues by supporting periodic information sessions and partner days, as requested, and supported by the local IT business.
- Review of incident reporting will also be used to assist in determining issues that might have reduced occurrences by the provision of proactive education/information. To provide timely, quality solution keeping the customer updated and escalating if required.
- Refer to relevant procedures to perform role.
- Ensure administration is satisfactory and up to date.
- Provide remote support for other sites.
- To carry out other tasks as requested by the Team Leader.
- Be vigilant for possible fraudulent activity and if necessary, raise a security incident report using the template accessible via the corporate Intranet.
- Periodically review Allvotec Security Policies – centrally hosted on the Intranet – to ensure full compliance with current legal, regulatory and company requirements.
- Carry out any ‘ad hoc’ assignments as and when required.
- To be compliant with health and safety company policy and legislation.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- PC literate
- Customer liaison skills
- Interpretation of data & actions
- Decision making.
- Windows OS literate to the latest version
- Basic knowledge of Server OS and navigation if needed as eyes and ears for smart hands calls
- Basic hardware knowledge, Laptop Keyboards, Memory, Hard drives
- Experience with Active Directory (not essential)
- Experience with network fault troubleshooting
- Experience with Network builds
- Experience with network printer installs and configuration
- Experience with Microsoft applications in particular Office Suite, Visio/Project, Teams
- Experience with VPN and remote work on machines
- Experience with IPad and Windows Tablets
- Good troubleshooting skills
- IT engineering experience – 2 years
- A good understanding of analytical troubleshooting
- A good understanding of networks and windows Operating systems
- Must be able to diagnose and repair desktops and laptops
- Desktop and laptop accreditation desirable
- Knowledge of specific customer software
- Team player
- Pays Attention to detail
- Can work under pressure
- Tact & diplomacy
- Good time-keeping
- Good Communication skills
- Customer Care Skills
- Adhere to health & safety procedures
The position is Site based to cover specified Customer sites. Duties also include Remote investigation work, which you may be requested to undertake. The position may also include a requirement to provide cover at other local sites, where there is a “Campus” type environment or local sites.
Allvotec thrives in rewarding staff for their hard work and good quality and as such there are fantastic opportunities for progression throughout the company.Apply