Video Conference Support Engineer
Allvotec stands for ‘all voice and technology’, delivering end-to-end services for partners across unified communications and technology services. We help run IT for customers of major services businesses, and through the hard work of our workforce, we are a capable, proven and agile partner delivering a wide range of IT solutions.
To operate as an integral part of the overall IT services delivery and will provide proactive monitoring, receive Level 2 and Level 3 incident tickets, provide remote troubleshooting, and support.
Proactive Checks for each meeting room. Proactive Checks will be conducted by a combination of Remote Monitoring and Administration, plus Local On-Site Resources. Checks will be made for network connectivity, power, cabling, audio & video functionality, inventory, and operation.
Regardless of room type (e.g. Huddle, Focus, Large, Collaborative), the “persona” of each room will be classified as VIP Dedicated, Standard Dedicated and Dispatch. This classification will determine the frequency and depth of proactive service.
VIP Dedicated Rooms These are the most critical meeting rooms located at sites with permanent presence (Dedicated) technicians. It is expected that less than 10% of all rooms will fall into this category. These rooms will receive extended daily physical checks in addition to remote monitoring.
Standard Dedicated Rooms These are the non-critical meeting rooms located at sites with permanent presence (Dedicated) technicians. These rooms will receive continuous remote monitoring plus four physical checks per week.
- Provide standard incident break fix support (Laptop \ desktop devices)
- Manage and deliver service requests, deploying desktop and laptop solutions to the client
- Knowledge on Apple IPhone and IPad products be required to assist with Mobile Smartphones and Tablets advice and support.
- Identify service improvements
- To diagnose problems accurately using all the available resources and technical knowledge
- To provide timely, quality solution keeping the customer updated and escalating if required
- Refer to relevant procedures to perform role
- Ensure administration is satisfactory and up to date
- To carry out other tasks as requested by Team Leader
- Manage tickets and asset recording using agreed client process on the systems provided
- Test and validate conferencing equipment services
- Deploy firmware updates
- Support early releases
- Manage configuration
- Fulfill service requests
- Manage security and access (rights)
- Hardware /software monitoring services
- Troubleshooting and resolution
- Manage events • Control operations
- Manage first level incidents
- Manage second level incidents
- Problem management
- Manage hardware assets
- Support software asset management
- Manage on / offboarding of external users
- Manage Information – Contribute to knowledge management
- Manage Sourcing and Suppliers – Escalations to manufacturers/ suppliers
- Manage Performance – Manage service reporting; Manage user satisfaction and complaints
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- PC literate
- Customer facing
- Interpretation of data & actions
- Decision making
- Windows OS literate
- Basic knowledge of Server OS and navigation if needed as eyes and ears for smart hands calls
- Basic hardware knowledge, Laptop Keyboards, Memory, Hard drives
- Experience with Active Directory and SCCM (not essential)
- Experience with network fault troubleshooting
- Experience with Network builds
- Experience with PC/Desktop Support knowledge including Windows XP, Windows 7, 8.1 & 10 & Windows Office Suites and core application suites
- Experience with VPN and remote work on machines
- Experience with IPad and Windows Tablets
- Good troubleshooting skills
- IT engineering experience – 2 years
- Microsoft Certification (MCSE/MCSA/MCP’s) desirable
- A good understanding of analytical troubleshooting
- A good understanding of networks and windows Operating systems
- Must be able to diagnose and repair desktops and laptops
- Desktop and laptop accreditation desirable
- Knowledge of specific customer software
- Willing to learn new skills and work through accreditation Works with minimum supervision.
- Team player
- Pays Attention to detail
- Can work under pressure
- Tact & diplomacy
- Good time-keeping
- Good Communication skills
- Customer Care Skills
- Adhere to health & safety procedures
The position is Site based to cover the National Grid Customer site in Warwick.
Allvotec thrives in rewarding staff for their hard work and good quality and as such there are fantastic opportunities for progression throughout the company.Apply