Workplace HUB Engineer
Title: Workplace Hub Engineer (Victoria Street)
Reports to: Team Leader/Manager/Resource Manager/Service Delivery Manager
Hours of work: 37.5 hours p/w (Monday to Friday)
- Floor walking during P1 incidents to ensure users are aware of issues and progress and proactively during quiet periods.
- Re- imaging of laptop with a standard build
- Provide a service for new starters on their first day to make sure they can logon, access the applications and demonstrate how to use Lync etc.
- Provide a “Laptop Health Check” service.
- Provide printer support and advice
- Providing advice and support for Microsoft Suite
- Check SCCM updates on laptops
- Provision of basic training to users on how to connect a device to the internet via Wi-Fi and Net Connect / VPN
- Integrating hardware replacement requests into the standard replacement process
- Assisting users to log tickets in OSD if the Workplace Hub are unable to resolve the issue
- Assisting with iPad, Windows 8 tablets advice and support.
- Blackberry mobile phones advice and support.
- Sharepoint/Portal access, advice and support
- Infosec advice or providing the correct point of contact
- Video Conferencing (VC): basic support, Providing advice and guidance on VC peripherals, Regular checks that the VC Handsets are being re-charged
- Recommending subjects for future Client-run training
- To assist with support of special events.
- Identify service improvements
- To diagnose problems accurately using all the available resources and technical knowledge
- Refer to relevant procedures to perform role
- Ensure administration is satisfactory and up to date
- Be vigilant for possible fraudulent activity and if necessary raise a security incident report using the template accessible via the corporate Intranet.
- Periodically review allvotec Security Policies – centrally hosted on the Intranet – to ensure full compliance with current legal, regulatory and company requirements.
- Carry out any ‘ad hoc’ assignments as and when required.
- To be compliant with health and safety company policy and legislation.
- To carry out other tasks as requested by Team Leader
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
Knowledge / Skills
- PC literate
- Customer liaison skills
- Interpretation of data & actions
- Decision making.
- Windows OS literate
- Basic knowledge of Server OS and navigation if needed as eyes and ears for smart hands calls
- Basic hardware knowledge, Laptop Keyboards, Memory, Hard drives
- Experience with Active Directory (not essential)
- Experience with network fault troubleshooting
- Experience with network builds
- Experience with network printer installs and configuration
- Experience with Microsoft applications in particular Office Suite, Visio/Project
- Experience with VPN and remote work on machines
- Experience with IPad and Windows Tablets
- Experience with Blackberry and BES Servers
- Good troubleshooting skills
- IT engineering experience – 2 years
- A good understanding of analytical troubleshooting
- A good understanding of networks and windows Operating systems
- Must be able to diagnose and repair desktops and laptops
- Desktop and laptop accreditation desirable
- Knowledge of specific customer software
- Team player
- Pays Attention to detail
- Can work under pressure
- Tact & diplomacy
- Good time-keeping
- Good Communication skills
The position is Site based to cover specified Customer sites.Apply